- Provide a forum for development, networking and discussion between members.
- Provide educational programmes to encourage the development of women in the professional and business world.
- Promote the advancement of women in the professional and business world.
- Membership of ABB shall be limited to active business and professional women who wish to expand their business and improve their business skills.
- An individual wishing to become a member of ABB shall be required to make application to the Founders of ABB who shall determine the eligibility of any applicants.
- The rights and privileges of a member shall not be transferable.
- All members are required to pay an annual subscription which shall be fixed by the Founders from time to time.
- Fees are non-refundable should the membership cease for whatever reason.
- Eligibility for membership of ABB shall cease:
- Upon a member’s resignation given in writing to the Founders
- Upon a member’s failure to pay the subscription for membership within 4 weeks of the due date
- Upon a decision by the Founders requiring resignation of the member following gross misconduct by the member
Register of members
- Member information shall be recorded on the ABB website with the members permission.
- Membership of ABB and acceptance of these rules by the member will be deemed to constitute consent to the holding of relevant personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Members of ABB, their guests and visitors may use the facilities of ABB entirely at their own risk and impliedly accept:
- ABB will not accept any liability for any damage to or loss of property belonging to club members or their guests when attending an ABB meeting or event.
- ABB will not accept any liability for personal injury arising out of attendance at ABB meetings or events being sustained by members or their guests or caused by them.
- The business of ABB shall be managed and directed by the Founders of ABB being J. Peacock and W Spalding-Siracusa.
- The Founders shall have the power to co-opt individuals with specialist skills to committees. Such individuals must be members of ABB. They shall have no voting rights.
- This constitution may be amended at any time in the best interests of the members.